How many diets have you tried? How many different exercise programs have you put your faith in just to find yourself disappointed, discouraged, and frustrated.
If you’re ready for a new you, a happier you, more energized and confident you, and a healthier you then pay close attention to what you’re about to read.
Let’s move away from diets. Diets are temporary fixes so if you want to look good all year-round then something that will make you look better for a couple months isn’t really what we want anyways. Plus if diets really worked, how many diets would exist? ONE! The only diet that worked would be the only one floating around on the internet.
However, there are over 92 different diets that you can find on the internet and to my knowledge, not many people have said they can sustain that way of eating for more than a couple of months. If you can’t sustain it, DON’T DO IT!
Here’s what you need to know and realize if you want to lose the weight, feel healthy, and keep it that way long term.
Flexible Nutrition Is The Key To Long Term Weight Control
Looking at the body from the inside out is how we really start to dominate our fat loss goals and get that body that you have always deserved. Whether it’s losing 60+ pounds or losing 10 pounds the answer is still the same; you can’t beat the kitchen. Nutrition is going to be your best friend in this journey. If you’re tired of racking your brain and you’ve tried every diet under the sun and nothing seems to work, it’s because diets don’t work.
A diet implies temporary. Temporary does you no good if you want to keep the weight off. Are you tired of losing weight then putting it back on?
For long term success, we need to follow the anti-diet diet. Learning about our bodies and how to manipulate our food to reach our goals is what will keep you looking strong, toned, and summer ready even through those pesky holidays.
In other words- we mold nutrition into your lifestyle. As long as it:
1) Works properly
2) Is sustainable
You have found your “diet”
If you’re a single mom working two jobs and you barely have time to eat 3 meals per day. You SHOULD NOT be beating yourself up over not eating 5-6 small meals like the bodybuilding and bikini world will tell you. If you have the time, then do it. If you’re a fasting type person and you don’t want to eat until 11am- Okay as long as it’s working and you can sustain that then I’m good with it.
So bottom line- if your goal is weight loss this year. Don’t lose sleep over anything that falls out of those 5 Laws. If your neighbor is “doing paleo” and hates their life because they can’t eat any carbs, and you like carbs? Probably shouldn’t do paleo- it won’t work for you.
If you love eating a breakfast right when you get up, probably shouldn’t do fasting- it’ll work for a few weeks but you’ll hate every minute of it and you’ll quit eventually and at that point- you wasted your time.
But if you LOVE getting to eat what you want AND not feel guilty- then it’s time to get good at Flexible Nutrition and you can start by tracking to see if you…
1) Stay in a caloric deficit
2) Are maintaining balanced macros
When it comes to overall fitness and health, there are 4 main laws to keep you in check.
Laws to Fitness Success
- SMART Goals (get a goal you can measure and decide that that is the goal you want)
- Have a why, a true reason why you want to accomplish this goal (living, being there for your kids, being there for your grandkids, being there for your spouse, and not following in your parent’s same footsteps were your biggest “whys”)
- Start the journey! (time for thinking is over. You can read, think, ponder, and map but execution and speed of implementation is the name of the game)
- Don’t stop until it’s done and when it’s done, keep going (pick a new goal and start the process over again. Never stop trying to achieve something new)BONUS: Get a coach (every athlete in the world, every doctor, every teacher, every coach has a coach to streamline results and maximize success)
After you’ve understood the fitness success, you need to imprint the following 5 laws for weight loss in your brain.
Laws to Weight Loss
- Consistent eating and training
- Control your portion sizes
- Balance your macros
- Drink more water
- Law of thermodynamics
BONUS: Keep It Super Simple
If you follow these five Laws to Fat Loss- Scientifically and mathematically, you have to lose weight. It’s just the way the body works. So what do all of these crazy diets have in common? They all put you in a caloric deficit.
The reason why none of those diets work long term is because you can’t sustain it (it’s too hard or unrealistic), it doesn’t teach you anything about your body, and it doesn’t follow the last 5 Laws to Fat Loss.
When you go throughout your entire day and can go to bed knowing you checked off each of those 5 laws, you’ll see unbelievable results! And I really mean- unbelievable, it’ll truly blow your mind. Now as you see results, the specifics of these 5 laws start to change as you do. So while the premise remains the same, the specifics of the program are forever changing.
Now are all of these things relatively simple concepts? Yes. Easy? No, otherwise we wouldn’t be having this conversation right? Are they this shallow and easy to implement alone? Unfortunately, no- which is another reason why it’s so important to have someone there to guide you through it.
Now, what you’ve been waiting for, here are 3 specific techniques you can use to lose weight without dieting.
3 Ways To Shed Pounds Without Another Diet
- Calorie Counting: this can be a great option for beginners who are simply trying to get into the swing of things. It’s a simple way to track how much you’re eating and if you simply stay in a caloric deficit, you’ll more than likely see a great amount of success to start with this. Just know that as you get stronger and you lose more weight, this method should be altered to something more specific. Otherwise, you risk plateauing out.
- Macro Counting: Some of us (myself included) hate counting calories. It can be a little boring now and then and I forget to do it a lot of the time. So macronutrient counting is a great alternative. We can calculate how many Proteins, Fats, and Carbohydrates your body needs each day then we simply eat until those macros have been fulfilled. Little did you know that you can convert macros into calories so what you’re actually doing is calorie counting but in half the amount of time required.
- Plate Size Method: The easiest method out there! If you look at the American sized dinner plate, it’s about ¼ bigger than many other plates around the world. So step one is to hit the store and buy smaller plates and bowls. From there we simply use this plate method to help us lose fat and gain muscle. Roughly 1/3 of the plate- fill it with a lean protein. Take another 1/3 and fill it with a healthy fibrous carbohydrate. Take the last 1/3 and add your veggies. This method lets you eat foods you like while also moving you forward with your goals.
When you work with me, I teach you how to accomplish all of the above things in a very simple, easy to follow, step by step program that literally takes your from Body A (where we are now) to Body Z (where you want to be) in a quick and safe manner.
Without knowing how to do these things properly (nutrition, strength training, cardio training, water, portion sizes, macro changes, etc) then mathematically, scientifically, and just logically it’ll be quite difficult for you to succeed. It’s unfortunate but it’s just the way it is.
So are you ready to stop kicking tires? Or spinning your wheels? Then it’s time to make a change today.
Simply schedule a personal training Strategy Session Phone Call where I can go over this stuff with you and help you maximize your health goals this year.
Today is the youngest you’ll ever be again, the longer you wait, the harder it becomes. So take action today!